We are a growing B2B SaaS company that provides a digital platform for electricity trading and grid providers, enabling them to offer their end customers the digital utility experience they demand. Our innovative platform has already won over 40+ customers across the Nordic region, and we're continuing to expand into new markets in Europe. At Bright, we're proud of what we as a team have accomplished so far, but we're even more excited about what's yet to come. We're committed to revolutionizing the energy industry and making a real impact on the world.
About the role
You’ll be joining our engineering organization working on a mission driven team, delivering features in our white label product. You'll work alongside talented and passionate individuals who are all about giving users the power to understand and optimize their energy consumption. It's pretty cool stuff, and we're looking for someone who's just as excited about it as we are!
So, what does the role entail? Well, you'll be responsible for designing and developing complex features using React Native and NodeJs, working closely with the UX team to bring our product to life, and building efficient backend systems that can handle heavy load. But that's just the start - we're also looking for someone who can take on the challenge of mentoring junior developers and helping them reach their full potential.
As part of our team, you'll also be diagnosing and fixing bugs, performing code reviews, and ensuring our product is of the highest quality through regular code maintenance and automated tests.
We're looking for a senior engineer, who has experience building and supporting a Saas product. You're a team player who loves collaborating with others, you're always willing to lend a helping hand, and you thrive in a pair or mob programming environment.
To thrive in this role, we also see that you have:
- 10+ years of Developer experience
- Experience with Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong understanding of software architecture and design patterns
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code
- Rock solid at working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Experience with Sentry or other error monitoring tool
- Knowledge of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Strong experience with automated testing suites Jest
- Continuous integration experience
- Experience with IoT applications is a plus.
It’s more than just a job
At Bright, you will be joining an innovative, close-knit team with an ambitious mindset. Our goal is to disrupt energy usage and help end customers change their habits and take advantage of renewable energy when it is extracted instead of losing it. You will be part of something truly meaningful that both transforms the energy business and contributes to a greener, more sustainable society.